In this article, we will discuss the difference between information security vs cybersecurity salary. We will use some various factors in differentiating.
Learn About Information Security Vs Cybersecurity Salary
When it comes to the salary of information security and cybersecurity, it depends on various things. Such as position, level, experience, and company size.
So we will discuss some factors and differentiate the salary of each field.
Information security salary is higher than cybersecurity salary. The reason for this is that information security covers more than just cybersecurity.
It also includes the physical security of a company and its infrastructure. Whereas cybersecurity only covers the cyber part of information security.
Let’s discuss the salary of information security vs cybersecurity in detail.
Information Security Salary
Information security mainly focuses on protecting organizational data. It ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the data.
It also includes preventing unauthorized access to IT systems or data. The following are the major responsibilities of an information security officer:
Planning, implementing, maintaining, monitoring security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines for organization Information Technology (IT) systems.
Provide training to personnel regarding Information Security policies and procedures.
Acting as a liaison between internal users/departments and external vendors regarding Information Security issues.
Coordinating with law enforcement agencies in case of security breaches.
So the marginal average salary for information security is $109,149.
Some of the top-paying companies for information security professionals are the following:
- Goldman Sachs,
- Morgan Stanley,
- JP Morgan Chase,
- Bank of America,
- BlackRock Inc., and American International Group.
These companies will pay you a package of around $170,000 to $180,000. cybersecurity salary
Cyber Security Salary
Cybersecurity is a subset of the information security field. It focuses on protecting computers and networks from unauthorized access or attacks.
It also includes protecting data from any kind of unauthorized access or loss.
The following are the major responsibilities of a cybersecurity professional:
- Cybersecurity professionals are responsible for managing and protecting data from any kind of unauthorized access or loss.
- They will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data in a secure manner.
- They will also develop security standards and policies for an organization’s IT systems.
- Must keep a check on cyber threats and vulnerabilities to protect an organization’s data from being breached by hackers or other cybercriminals.
- They will work closely with law enforcement agencies in case an incident occurs.
So the marginal average salary for cybersecurity is $110,920.
Some of the top-paying companies for cybersecurity professionals are the following:
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC.
- Deloitte LLP.,
- Capgemini Group Limited,
- CACI International Inc.,
- General Dynamics Corporation,
- Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., and
- Northrop Grumman Corporation.
These companies will pay you a package of around $150,000 to $160,000.
Let’s know about some factors that affect your salary in each field:
Information security jobs are available in the following industries:
- Telecommunication Industry,
- Consumer Goods Industry,
- Banking & Financial Services Industry,
- Insurance & Healthcare Industry,
- Utilities & Energy Industry,
- Public Sector & Non-Profit Organizations.
These industries will pay you a package of around $160,000 to $180,000. Whereas cybersecurity jobs are available in the following industries:
- Business Services,
- Consumer Goods,
- Retail Trade,
- Banking & Financial Services,
- Utilities & Energy,
- Information Services.
These industries will pay you a package of around $150,000 to $170,000.