Are you wondering how much you can earn from a cyber security salary?
Cybersecurity is one of the 21st century’s booming fields and market. Besides, this is not fading. So considering a career path in the field should appear more than promising.
Let us take a look at five (5) highest-paid cybersecurity job positions.
Cyber Security Salary For 5 Highest-Paid Jobs
Here are the 5 highest paid job positions in cybersecurity and their salary.
1. Information Security Manager
Among the vast job positions, an information security manager earns the most in the field. Someone in the position can earn within the range of $125,000 to $215,000.
What does an information security manager do?
Information security managers oversee the holistic cybersecurity state of networks and systems.
- Identifies vulnerabilities or critical areas of one’s information systems
- Assesses existing security measures, and modifies them when necessary
- Takes measures to mitigate possible attacks
2. Cybersecurity Engineer
Next to an information security manager, a cybersecurity engineer is another high-paying job position in the field. For example, on average, someone in the position can earn between $120,000 to $200,000.
What does a cybersecurity engineer do?
A cybersecurity engineer is concerned more than engineer-tasks as they are more likely involved in multiple security functions.
- Designs and develops security solutions
- Implements these security solutions
- Makes sure solutions are on track as planned, and in line with business goals
3. Application Security Engineer
Another high-paying job position in cybersecurity is an application security engineer. Someone in the position can earn between $120,000 to $180,000 on average.
What does an application security engineer do?
Of course, all companies and institutions make use of applications. So it is the job of these professionals to secure these applications. May it be software or on-premise business applications. Thus making sure that these are in line with your privacy goals and compliance constraints.
4. Cybersecurity Analyst
Next to the list is a cybersecurity analyst. A cybersecurity analyst can earn between $90,000 to $160,000. Thus, making it another high-paying cybersecurity job position.
What does a cybersecurity analyst do?
- They create and plan security measures
- Also carries out or implements the plan
- Works closely with penetration testers and information security managers
- Aims to identify system vulnerabilities ahead of hackers
5. Penetration Tester
Penetration testers are also known as Pen Testers or Ethical Hackers. This is because they are also capable of hacking as criminals can. They use this skill to further ensure protection by discovering leaks and vulnerabilities before hackers do.
Besides, someone in the position can earn between $80,000 to $130,000.
What does a penetration tester do?
- Can conduct regular security tests- may it be on a quarterly, monthly, or daily basis
- Conducts in-depth tests on computer systems and networks
- Also assesses web applications for vulnerabilities and possible threat entry points
Overall, a cybersecurity job position pays well. But of course, years of expertise and matched education are needed to advance a career in the field.