Let us see in this article the following graduate programs in cybersecurity. Also, let’s see how to acquire one to use in our application resume.
The Cybersecurity Graduate Program
Cybersecurity is a degree that is needed in today’s world. Now, what are the following graduate programs in cybersecurity?
1. Master’s of Science in Information Assurance
2. Master of Science in Information Security
3. Master of Science in Computer Science
4. Master’s of Science in Computer Forensics
5. Master of Science in Cyber Defense
6. Master of Science in Information Systems Security
7. Master’s of Science in Information Technology
8. Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering
9. Master of Science in Electrical & Computer Engineering
10. Master of Science in Cyber Operations
11. Master’s of Engineering – Cyber Security
12. Master of Public Administration with a Public Sector Cybersecurity Concentration
13. Ph.D.Doctorate in Information Assurance
14. Doctorate in Computer Sciences- Computer Security
15. Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
16. Doctorate in Public Administration, Public Sector Cybersecurity Concentration
17. Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance, Information Systems Security
18. Graduate Certificate in Information Technology – Cyber Security
19. Certificate in Security Management, Policy & Compliance Management System (SPCM).
20. Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics for Cybersecurity Risk Management & Compliance Monitoring system.
What Are The Ways To Acquire One?
Acquiring a graduate program in cybersecurity is not easy. You have to have a degree, usually a bachelor’s degree.
But now some schools are accepting people who don’t have a bachelor’s degree. However, they will need to take some courses to catch up
On the other hand, you can also get an education through an online course. Also, distance learning is offered by many universities.
You can also go for an executive program in information security.
If you want to acquire any of these programs. Then you have to look at their websites and see what is required for admission.
Also, you need to make sure that the degree will be recognized. Especially, by any potential employer. Most employers require an accredited master’s degree.
Can I Find Jobs?
Yes, if you are looking for jobs in this field, it is good. Why? Because the demand for cybersecurity experts is increasing every year.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that job openings for information security analysts will increase by 55 percent from 2014 to 2024. Moreover, the average salary of $91,890 is expected to increase during the same period
Job opportunities are present in every industry and company. Also, it applies whether large or small scale.
You can find jobs in IT companies or consulting firms or even government agencies. Your job will be securing the network and building countermeasures against cyber attacks.
It will also cover hacks on networks and computer systems. If you choose this career path, it will be very satisfying. Why? Because you will feel that you are contributing something meaningful to society.
Another thing is that your work matters. Why? Because this field has produced several high-profile hacks and cyberattacks in recent years.
Such as much as Target Corp., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Yahoo Inc., and Office of Personnel Management.
When employers hire someone in this field, what they look for is the following:
- their knowledge and skill level about information technology, also
- cybersecurity in general.