Seeing the message “we don’t have sufficient information to reset your security questions” can be frustrating. Many people experience this. In this article, we’ll help you fix that problem.
It is important to remember the answers to your security questions. Otherwise, buying Apple products is impossible. Moreover, one great thing about Apple is they take security seriously. Thus, successful identity verification is a necessity.
Hence, Apple’s security and verification process is quite tough. That is for users that do not have the right information.
First Step For “We Don’t Have Sufficient Information To Reset Your Security Questions”
Visit iforgot.apple.com if you cannot log in to your account. To reset your security questions, you need to know your password.
Things will get easier if you know your password. You just have to log in and select three security questions. Then, provide the answers. However, things might get tough if you don’t know your password.
- Go to iforgot.apple.com
- Enter your Apple ID or email
- Click Continue
- You will be asked some questions to verify your identity. Apple’s security is indeed high. Thus, they want to make sure that it is you.
- Select ‘I Need To Reset Security Questions’
- Select your rescue email inbox for a link.
- Follow the link then tap “Reset Now” on the new page.
- Sign in with your Apple ID again.
- You can now select new security questions. Afterward, provide the answers.
- Select Update.
However, things will get a bit tricky if you cannot verify your identity. In that case, you may get the error message ‘we don’t have sufficient information to reset your security questions.’
Solve “We Don’t Have Sufficient Information To Reset Your Security Questions”
If you failed the authentication process, please go to Apple’s support page. Then, select your region and follow the instructions on the screen. Options vary depending on where you live. Yet, Apple’s support team can guide you. The company offers live chat support so please make the best use of that feature.
- Tap Forgot Security Questions
- Someone from Apple’s support team will contact you. They will verify your identity by asking authenticating questions. If you pass those, the staff will allow you to login again. Otherwise, they may not be able to help you.
Why so? Because even they don’t have access to your account. Apple uses a blind system to help maintain security. The support operator only sees the questions but not the answers. Nobody does as they are encrypted by the system. You give them the answer. Afterward, they’ll type in the answer. Then, the system will tell them if it is correct or not.
If the options above fail for you, requesting an Apple ID is one option. However, you’ll lose all items you purchased in the past.
Account Recovery Status
The support team puts your account into account recovery status if you cannot remember the answers. It will stay that way until they properly verify your identity. Provide certain information to speed up the process. One piece of info you can give is the credit card they have on file.
Use two-factor verification if you are having a hard time remembering details. Moreover, you can change the security questions if you find those challenging.
- Head over to the Apple ID account page
- Navigate to the Security section
- Now, click Edit
- Lastly, click Change questions