In this article, we will discuss with you the cybersecurity year in review. Also, let us discuss important and interesting facts about yeat in review.
Know About Cybersecurity Year In Review
What is the cybersecurity year in review? This is a yearly report that shows the most prominent cybersecurity events of the previous year.
So this report is released by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS). in collaboration with the United States Cyber Consequences Unit.
It is based on the data collected from various sources, including the following:
- public reports
- private organization
- government agencies, etc.
What Do We Learn About Cybersecurity Year In Review? We can learn several things about cybersecurity year in review.
One of them is that the number of data breaches has increased dramatically in 2017. TSo these breaches affected more than 4 billion records worldwide.
Another thing we can learn about cybersecurity year in review. It is that some countries are spending more on cybersecurity than others.
For example, the United States spends $18 billion annually. While China spends $1 billion every year on this field.
In Additional Learn About Cybersecurity
In addition, we also learn that there are more than 10 main practices of cybercrime today. Cybercriminals usually use phishing to conduct their attacks.
While spamming and DDoS attacks are also popular among them. Yet another thing we can learn about cybersecurity.
Is that ransomware has become one of the most popular types of cyberattacks in 2017? Also, affecting more than 200 million computers worldwide.
Also, we can learn about cybersecurity in review is that IoT devices pose a constant threat. It is to our privacy and security online.
It’s also interesting to know that AI will soon play an important role in protecting our data online. They will be able to predict cyberattacks before they happen.
Which will make it easier for us to prevent them before they happen. Also, according to several expert opinions.
The cryptocurrency mining malware might be the next big thing when it comes to cyberattacks.
The Important And Interesting Facts About Cybersecurity
On the Internet, you can find several interesting facts about cybersecurity year in review. So what is it?
Check out the following:
- The first and most important fact is that more than 1.5 billion devices were targeted by cyberattacks in 2017.
- While the second fact is that more than 1 billion records of data breaches were reported on the Internet in 2017.
- According to some reports, more than 50% of all cyberattacks in 2017 were conducted with the help of malicious software.
- These attacks affected more than 100 million devices worldwide.
- While the third fact is that more than 65% of all network breaches in 2017 were a result of weak passwords.
- While the fourth fact is that more than $5 billion was spent on cybersecurity in 2017.
All of these facts are important and interesting, right? But do you know why? Because they will help you understand the importance of cybersecurity year in review.