The help of the cloud security alliance cloud controls matrix comes into play. Cloud security is one of today’s utmost concerns. With data insecurity continually progressing.
What is the cloud security alliance cloud controls matrix? What is this for in cloud security?
Digging More Into Cloud Security Alliance Cloud Controls Matrix
Cloud security alliance cloud controls matrix of which is also known as the CSA CCM. This is a framework or a foundation for cloud security.
The CSA CCM provides major security principles. In return, these principles guide cloud vendors. And also the cloud customers.
Moreover, cloud vendors make sure that they are giving optimum cloud security. On the other hand, CSA CCM guides cloud customers. That is to assess the security of their cloud security provider.
However, CSA CCM is not to be mistaken as an industry standard. Instead, it is a framework or a structure. In addition, this framework aids in GRC controls. Or as what is known as the ‘governance, risk, compliance’ security controls.
In addition to that, CSA CCM divides their 16 domains into three. This is called the CSA’s Security Guidance for Critical Areas of Focus in Cloud Computing.
The following are the three areas.:
- Cloud Architecture
- Governing in the Cloud
- Operating in the Cloud
The 16 Domains Of CSA CCM
- Application & Interface Security (AIS)
- Audit Assurance & Compliance (AAC)
- Business Continuity Management & Operational Resilience (BCR)
- Change Control & Configuration Management (CCC)
- Data Security & Information Lifecycle Management (DSI)
- Datacenter Security (DCS)
- Encryption & Key Management (EKM)
- Governance & Risk Management (GRM)
- Human Resources (HRS)
- Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Infrastructure & Virtualization Security (IVS)
- Interoperability & Portability (IPY)
- Mobile Security (MOS)
- Security Incident Management, E-Discovery, & Cloud Forensics (SEF)
- Supply Chain Management, Transparency, and Accountability (STA)
- Threat & Vulnerability Management
Consider following a framework like CCM. Even though it is not an industry standard. This must serve as a skeleton for companies. Moreover, like a guide of what they should be doing. Especially for cloud security.
The goal is to compel business into more security measures. For human resources, mobile security, and supply-chain management.
Consider one difference CCM brings. CCM helps customers measure cloud security between providers. Of which is unlikely with other frameworks.
Another, CCM brings you into advancement. How? Following the CCM Framework helps you prepare to comply with the required standards. These standards are as follows.:
- ISO 27001
Thus, complying with the CCM framework helps you in more compliance. Compliance with more related frameworks and required standards.
Boosts Information Security
Following the CSA CCM boosts the current information security. This is done in several ways.
- CSA CCM highlights the business IT security control standards
- Also, Minimizes and pinpoints threats and weak points
- It provides standard security. Also, with risk management operations.
In conclusion, the Cloud Security Alliance Cloud Controls Matrix aids better IT security. Considering that it is not an industry standard. However, this framework leads you into following more required compliance.
Plus, the CSA CCM framework helps your IT system boost security. Cloud security for both the vendors and customers.